Built into one of the oldest buildings of downtown San Antonio, WJE offices were a beautiful confluence of the old and new, an office built for Engineers, Architects, and Materials Scientists… by the same. Here are some details of this amazing project:
· Design-Budget Assist from Grit, including VE process
· Demolished an old bank vault on the second floor of a wood/mortise and tenon structure, reclaimed the vault door to install into new space.
· Preservation, refinish, and matching of 100 year old wood flooring.
· New construction installations
· Preservation and construction up to existing building finishes/structure
· Conference Suite
· Break area, restrooms, tool storage and charging
· Shower room
· Office finish out
· Project took place directly above AIA offices, and coordination was made to accommodate AIA and Cleary Zimmerman offices beneath this project.