Integrity. Deft Professionalism. Excellence. That’s our core values here at Grit. If you’re looking for honest folk, strong moral principles, solid people; if you’re in need of neat, concise competence and professionalism; and if you want the best possible project outcomes, you’ve found your design and construction firm.
MEET THE TEAM
Dakota Durden, Owner
Mr. Durden is personally vested in every activity, from preconstruction to warranty. Dakota is Grit’s founder and leader, focused on the future, grounded in integrity, and dedicated to our clients.
- Lifetime Projects of Note:
- Austin 360 Condominiums – Austin, TX ($75MM)
- NEISD Gym Replacement and Fine Arts Addition – San Antonio, TX ($22MM)
- NISD Performing & Fine Arts Facility – San Antonio, TX ($16MM)
- Trinity University Thermal Utility Consolidation Project – San Antonio, TX ($22MM)
Grit Success of Note:
- Concorde Career Colleges (13 Projects) – Texas ($300k)
- Caterpillar Capital Improvements (14 Projects) – Seguin/Schertz/SA, TX ($5MM)
- BV Carrier Warehouse – San Antonio, TX ($22MM)
- GUMC Mission and Outreach Center – New Braunfels, TX ($2.1MM)
- Los Cerritos Private Airplane Hangar – Uvalde, TX ($4MM)
- Civil Engineering Consultants (Three Projects) – San Antonio, TX ($400K)
- Lewis Energy Group (4 Projects) – Design-Build – Encinal, TX ($1.25MM)
- Bandera Ventures Skybox Datacenter – Katy, TX ($28MM)
- Winco Contractors Headquarters – Garden Ridge, TX ($2MM)
- EOG Frac Sand Terminal – Loving, NM
- UTSA (9 Projects) – San Antonio, TX ($3.5MM)
- STRIC Medical TI Projects (21 Projects ) – San Antonio, TX – ($1.1MM)
- Expert Witness (2 Projects) – Texas
- Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital (6 Projects) – San Antonio, TX – ($1MM+)
- La Cantera Resort and Spa (6 Projects) – San Antonio, TX – ($750K)
- Methodist Specialty and Transplant: DESIGN BUILD Liver Kidney Clinic – ($1.25MM)
- Followed by every project Grit has accomplished with clients including:
- Methodist Healthcare
- Texas Aircraft
- Northwest Atrium
- Gemini Rosemont
- TD Industries
- Worldwide Clinical Services
- And more…
2012 ABC Excellence in Construction Award for $10-$25MM Institutional, Trinity University, San Antonio, TX
Construction projects are busy places, whether that’s onsite or in the back office. Cassidy handles day to day operations of projects, from subcontracting to billings, quality to safety, she supports our Superintendents in the field to make sure Grit provides the best projects, period.
Matt’s our constant force in estimating, bidding, and searching for work. He works with our vast subcontractor network to properly bid projects. We also tap Matt for purchasing needs, helping Grit find the best prices for all the furnishings, fixtures, materials, widgets, saddles, and cowboy hats we need around here.
Senior Project Manager - GRIT Commercial
Marketing & Design Assistant
No firm can be successful without proper and thorough management of the back office. Anna brings dedication and organization to Grit’s office and bookkeeping systems, meeting the financial needs of every stakeholder.
Project Manager – Homesteads by GRIT
Partner and Operations – das Holzwerk
IN THE FIELD
If you know construction, you know it takes hard working people that know their stuff to make the job happen. Here are some of the good folks we have handling our field work.
Foreman - Welder
Shop Foreman - das Holzwerk
Master Carpenter - Homesteads by GRIT
Carpenter - Homesteads by GRIT